Whilst there’s no magic wand for weight loss, and you can’t just click your fingers and expect changes instantly, there are thankfully some pretty great products on the market right now that can give you measurable results. In this post I have studied hundreds of reviews and looked in-depth into product ingredients and side effects to find the top reviewed best natural weight loss supplements of 2019 for you.
During this research, I was in awe of some of the natural products that are available right now, and believe that along with the right diet and exercise plan they can help boost your weight loss efforts and do some of the hard slog for you.
The many Benefits of Weight Loss
Although looking good is often the main reason people wish to lose weight (as having a slim and sexy body will naturally make you feel good about yourself) there are also many other benefits to weight loss that have nothing to do with aesthetics. Being within a healthy BMI slashes your risk of obesity related death and disease – a problem that is now at an all time high and one of the leading causes of death in the Western world.
This is a very sad and dangerous situation to be in and just goes to show how badly that, not only the advertising of junk foods, but also the hidden sugars and unhealthy fats in our food have affected the nation. I say hidden, but it’s more a case of education as most food labels by law have to disclose everything in their products so you can see at a glance what their food contains. Sometimes it’s just a matter of taking the time to understand nutritional value labels and learn what they mean.
Yes, food addiction (or rather the addiction to the high of eating junk foods) is a real thing, and there’s scientific evidence showing that sugar lights up all the pleasure and reward centers in the brain which makes it notoriously hard to give it up. It’s just fortunate we have access to all the information we need about the problems associated with obesity through access to the internet, so ignorance is no excuse anymore.
What should my BMI be?
Here’s a general guide as to what your BMI range should be in. You can usually either get this tested at your doctors surgery, in the gym, or sometimes you will see BMI testing machines in pharmacies or chemists, so you can probably access one somewhere near to you. Just Google BMI testing + your area and you should find what you’re looking for.
- BMI UNDER 18.5 – UNDERWEIGHT
- BMI BETWEEN 18.5 – 25 – IDEAL WEIGHT
- BMI BETWEEN 25 – 30 – OVERWEIGHT
- BMI OVER 30 – OBESE
Benefits of being within a Healthy BMI Range
There is a long list of potential health benefits to staying inside a healthy BMI range, and reading them will help give you the incentive you need to push yourself into action. These include:-
- CONFIDENCE – Now I’m not saying that people who are overweight aren’t confident, not at all; however, many aren’t (myself included), and low self esteem can destroy your quality of life and even your relationships. This is just one reason how feeling good about your body can completely change your life experience.
- FITNESS – You will usually find that being within your ideal BMI weight range will also make you feel naturally fitter, and you will be able to run for the bus and climb the stairs without all the huffing and puffing.
- DECREASED RISK OF DIABETES – Excess belly fat along with eating junk foods may vastly increase your risks of type 2 diabetes, which is now one of the top 5 major diseases of our time.
- LESS JOINT PAIN – Losing weight may help clear up all those niggly pains in joints that come from having the pressure of too much pressure on them, especially your poor knees!
- DECREASED RISK OF HEART DISEASE – All that extra weight, or even a little extra weight (especially if it’s around the middle) will put a huge strain on your heart. Which is really quite scary when you think about it and one of the main health reasons to keep within a healthy BMI.
- LOWER BLOOD PRESSURE
- IMPROVED CHOLESTEROL
- IMPROVEMENT IN THE SYMPTOMS OF OSTEOARTHRITIS
- IMPROVEMENT OF SLEEP APNEA
- LESS RISK OF HAVING A STROKE
- LESSENING OF BACK PAIN
Having heard all the great reasons to lose excess fat it’s time to put a plan into action. Yes, certainly taking one or some of these fat burning supplements can help and compliment your fat busting mission, but more importantly you must make changes for LIFE if you want long term results. You can’t rely on supplements forever (they’re expensive for a start, and also not designed to be taken long-term), but they may have their place in initial weight loss if used correctly.
Please read here my awesome guide to healthy living and find out the other tactics you need to employ to help you remain fit and healthy for life. These other strategies will also compliment your dietary changes and/or any supplements you may use.
Eating for Weight Loss
Some people believe that dieting is all about deprivation and starving yourself, but you really need to get that kind of thinking out of your head before you start otherwise you’ll set yourself up for failure. You don’t EVER need to go hungry if you learn how to eat a low GI diet, and also learn to combine your foods properly. This means complex carbohydrates, proteins, and a little healthy fat at every main meal to help keep your blood sugar stable and cravings at bay.
Eating LOTS of antioxidant rich foods such, as colourful fruits and vegetables, will ensure that your body is getting all the vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients it needs to keep your energy levels high, plus help stop those food cravings. Did you know that if you eat too much junk and not enough nutrient rich foods your body can literally be ‘starving’, even though in reality you may actually be overweight? Yes, your body can be starving for actual nutrients which can then causes you to eat MORE!
The Role of Protein
A high protein, low carb diet will help keep your body in fat burning mode, and more importantly keep your muscle mass high. All the diet pills under the sun won’t be able to do that for you as much as your actual diet can, but they can potentially help accelerate fat burning and metabolism in a healthy person.
When you actively diet your body is inclined to start burning lean muscle mass for fuel rather that fat (unfair I know), which is obviously bad because you need as much of your lean muscle mass as possible to help you burn those calories. It’s a catch 22.
In fact, the more muscle mass you can keep hold of, and ideally build through exercise, the better it is for a faster metabolism. Muscle (which is metabolic) is in itself is a fat burner as it gobbles up calories just to maintain itself even when you’re resting. Fat on the other hand, doesn’t need any calories as it just sits there and doesn’t need energy for movement like your muscle does.
Eating adequate amounts of protein will not only help you to keep hold of this precious muscle, but will also encourage your body to BURN FAT as its source of fuel, which is obviously the ideal situation for healthy weight loss and muscle tone.
How Much Protein Should I Eat?
If you’re eating a highly whole food plant based diet (which I recommend you do as you may feel better from it and lose weight naturally anyway) then you may need an actual protein supplement; especially if you are trying to lose weight OR are exercising a lot. As a plant based eater myself (who also does a lot of exercise) I know I need a protein smoothie every day, as this helps me to keep my muscle mass up whilst keeping fat down.
You can eat between 1-2 grams of protein per kilo of body weight on a weight loss diet; and it’s a good idea to get 30g of protein powder down you first thing in the morning. And I mean just protein powder with NO carbs. This will fire up your metabolism and help your body to burn fat ALL DAY (It’s been suggested that this works so well it may help you to burn an extra 400 calories a day just using this simple trick, and this PubMed study supports this theory).
You can still have breakfast afterwards, but I find that if I blend my protein powder with half an avocado and some sugar free nut milk then it is a meal in itself, and I never even feel peckish for at least 4 hours after this (which is a record for me). I learnt this brilliant tip from a body building girl I know who said it was a game changer for her in the fat loss stakes.
Go for Plant Protein
Always use a good quality vegan protein powder for this job as it’s just cleaner and less acid forming than whey, and it also works perfectly as well if you choose one with high bio-availabily and a good amino acid profile.
Whilst we’re on the subject of protein powders, it’s worth mentioning that there are some awesome products on the market these days. Some are specifically designed for weight loss and can be used as actual meal replacements (check them out through the link above). And many also have added nutrients, enzymes, fruits, and even awesome green superfoods, making them SO much healthier than the sugar laden diet shakes available.
What Supplements are Good for Weight Loss?
Not all weight loss supplements are suitable for everybody, therefore you must be sure to read all the relevant information that I have given you with each one carefully to find something that is suitable for you so you.
Below are some of the best supplements I can find that are based on reading hundreds of reviews – but do remember also that what works for one won’t necessarily work for another. For instance, we can’t all tolerate caffeine (me included) and many diet pills do contain this stimulant (some in high amounts) simply because it’s a known metabolism booster. However, caffeine still counts as a ‘natural’ supplement, but if you can’t take it there are alternatives to this as you will see.
Bear in mind diet pills are very big business, and there are hundreds, if not thousands on the market all claiming to have the latest magical ingredient to make you thin over night. It never works like this!
Make sure you use ONLY natural supplements!
Most of the hyped up marketing on supplements is of course not always true, but manufacturers know exactly what to say to hit those buttons inside your brain to make you believe that you absolutely need “their” product to lose weight. We often buy into this flannel out of desperation, and often end up wasting lots of money on something that could potentially be harmful, even downright dangerous in some cases.
This is why you will find my list of diet supplements pretty short as I don’t want to be responsible for anybody’s ill health. I also don’t wish for you to waste your money, therefore I have found the best ones (according to reviews from real people) that actually can work when taken correctly and according to instrutions.
How do weight loss supplements work?
There are mostly only 3 ways that a weight loss supplement will work: through either boosting metabolism, suppressing appetite, or fat binding. Some may even do a combination of these things, but these are the basic products you will find.
These work best alongside a good workout or exercise regime, as they will allow the calories from your food to be burnt up more quickly than usual. They don’t work as fast as some of the others, but they do help by suppressing appetite too, which means if snacking is your downfall then these could be a good choice for you.
Don’t be put off by things not working really fast, as sometimes losing weight more slowly over a period of time will give you a higher chance of keeping it off for good – think long term goals here.
These help to stop cravings before they even try to rear their ugly head, and will also help you feel fuller for longer when you do eat. Appetite suppressants are good if you can’t (or won’t) do any exercise; though I thoroughly recommend that you do if you want the best results out of any of these products.
These products use ingredients to naturally bind the fats in your digestive system together, thus stopping their absorption into your body – instead they pass straight through your system and out again. You do however need to stick within the recommendations of how much fat you can eat per day whilst taking these – too much and you could be in for digestive trouble such as gas, bloating and diarrhea.
I haven’t put any fat binder products on this list here as I’m not comfortable with their potential side effects. I have also tried them myself in the past and they made me feel pretty ill (stomachache and nausea – that kind of thing) so I’m certainly not going to recommend them to anybody else. Plus, there is evidence that they simply do not work effectively enough to be sold as a legit weight loss supplement.
Important safety advice to read before you use ANY diet supplements:-
Do not use any of these supplements until you are sure that they are safe for you personally to use. Even though they are natural, some contain stimulants and other substances that are not suitable for everybody.
- Always read labels VERY carefully.
- Never use diet supplements (apart from the protein and green superfood powders) if pregnant, lactating, have heart problems or any other illnesses, unless approved by you doctor first.
- Consult with your doctor if you’re not sure if they are suitable for you.
- If you do have any adverse reactions then stop use immediately.
- Some diet supplements may contain high amounts of stimulants such as caffeine. so if you’re sensitive then they may not be suitable for you. Or, you may need to take a lower dose.
- Test your supplements by building up slowly to see how you get on with them.
- Caffeine containing supplements may keep you awake when taken after 4pm. You will probably already know if you are one of those people.
- NEVER, ever take more than the recommended dose. You will not speed up weight loss by doing this, and it could be dangerous.
YOUR 5 NATURAL WEIGHT LOSS SUPPLEMENTS
As hydroxycut weight loss products have been around for well over 10 years I thought I would review them. Most diet supplements never make the ten year mark unless they actually work – and let’s face it most of them don’t, so I reckon this brand must have something good to offer.
Before I go into Hydroxycut, I do need to stress that this product in the past has had bad reviews due to a powerful stimulating herb it once contained called ephedra, which although natural, was found to potentially cause serious side effects such as liver damage. Ephedra was in many diet pills at the time, until it was banned, and has now been removed from ALL Hydroxycut products and replaced with much safer stimulants.
Caffeine and Weight Loss Pills
Stimulants such as caffeine are often used in diet supplements and are usually one of the main ingredients used to aid weight loss. But if you’re sensitive then you should avoid all caffeine based supplements and instead go for something completely different. It’s also a good idea to start off with a small dose to see what your tolerance level is, and build up as you go. Don’t forget we are all different in this respect, and some of us can tolerate a lot more caffeine than others.
Despite the name (which I feel makes it sound like some sort of chemical), Hydroxycut is actually a natural product and on closer inspection of its ingredients list, including looking into the many customer reviews online, I have been given reason to believe that this supplement does work for the majority of people who use it.
Choose from gummies, pills or shakes
This company uses various natural products in the form of capsules, gummies, pills, and even shakes; many of which have the same active ingredients of caffeine, lady’s mantle extract, olive leaf extract, cumin extract and wild mint. But they do vary in terms of caffeine amounts.
Some of their products contain other known weight loss herbs such as blue skullcap, coleus, ginger, red sage, yohimbe and green coffee bean. Below I have reviewed what I believe is their best product, but if that one isn’t suitable for your needs then you can check out some of the other Hydroxycut reviews and products on Amazon.
Caffeine and Weight Loss
Hydroxycut’s most potent ingredient is its caffeine, which works very well alongside it’s other active herbs to boost weight loss. Caffeine has been proven time and time again in studies to have weight loss effects for those who can tolerate it well. However, as with many other caffeine related diet products this only really works well in the short term until your body becomes tolerant to it.
Boost your Incentive
In my own experience of using diet supplements, this short term weight loss boost can be just what is needed to get you started on your weight loss diet. Seeing results in those first weeks and months gives you the incentive to carry on, especially as you will start looking and feeling so good about yourself.
As your body starts to become more and more tolerant to caffeine you’ll find that it it won’t have the same effects as it used to.Or, you could alternate this product with another caffeine free product whist your body resets its caffeine tolerance. Therefore, you may wish to do a month on and month off with this supplement to give your body a chance to reset itself again. This will definitely be the best way forward if you have a lot of weight to lose and need help long term.
Hydroxycut studies and reviews. Does it work?
Interestingly, even though you would think caffeine to be the most potent ingredient in this product, scientific tests have actually been conducted on some of its other active ingredients WITHOUT the caffeine. The results from this study were based on the olive leaf, lady’s mantle, cumin and mint leaf extracts alone, and surprisingly the results where still pretty impressive.
In the study, 34 obese people were given either the herbal extract or placebo, which was to be taken half an hour before meals. They did not change their diet or exercise regimes in any other way apart from being told not to over-eat or snack. Astonishingly, after 12 weeks the herbal blend group had lost 21 lbs (9.5 kg), and the placebo group only 1.8 lbs (0.8 kg).
The reason the placebo group lost any weight at all was because they were simply told not to snack, as were the other group. These results show that the herbs in Hydroxycut do work even without the caffeine, but I’m presuming the effects could potentially be greater with the caffeine.
This product has been two decades in the making and delivers a never seen before combination of herbs for both fat loss and a sensory experience. It’s specialised robusta coffee bean extract has been found in studies to help overweight individuals to lose 10.9 lbs in 60 days. This should, however, be used alongside a healthy diet and moderate exercise for maximum results.
This particular product also:-
- IS SCIENTIFICALLY TESTED
- IS THEIR MOST ADVANCED WEIGHT LOSS FORMULA
- IS SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED FOR ENHANCED MENTAL FOCUS – Making it a great supplement if you are prone to lethargy, tiredness or general fatigue. Would also be good if you are studying or need to concentrate, as well as lose weight.
- ACTIVE WEIGHT LOSS HERBS OF SCUTELLARIA, COLEUS FORSKOLLI, GUAYUSA, AND YOHIMBE
- EXTREME ENERGY
- MAXIMUM INTENSITY TRAINING AFTER JUST 1 DOSE – A good supplement if you would like to really push yourself whilst exercising to torch as much fat as possible.
- CAFFEINE PROMOTES THERMOGENESIS – This is the process of heat production, which fires up your metabolism and aids in the fat burning process.
Hydroxycut Customer Review Snippets:
- Great energy booster for workouts.
- Can make you jittery and wired if you take too much, or can’t tolerate caffeine.
- Everybody has different tolerance levels (be wary of this one).
- Best fat loss supplement I have tried so far.
- Needs to be used alongside a calorie controlled diet for best results.
- Helps control appetite.
NEXT UP – PROTEIN
3. Sun Warrior Vegan Protein Powder – Chocolate Flavour
I KG TUB
17 GRAMS OF PROTEIN PER SERVE
A high protein diet in general will not only cause satiety, but will also leave less room for those unhealthy carbohydrates, in turn helping to keep your blood sugar more stable. All of these things combined will result in fat loss, specifically that troublesome belly fat that is actually the most dangerous kind of fat.
You can use a protein supplement such as this Sun Warrior one as a complete meal replacement, especially when combined with some healthy fats such as half an avocado; plus half a banana for some carbohydrate. Makes a great pre or post workout snack too! One serving is only 100 calories, and even when combined with your avocado, banana, and some nut milk you’re still only looking at a 250 calories meal. Boom!
The reason I chose this protein powder specifically is because not only is it my all time favorite trusted brand, but it’s also perfect as a meal replacement on a weight loss plan. Why? Because it’s high in the kind of fiber that keeps you full, AND it has a full spectrum of amino acids for super nutrition – Perfect! Oh, and it tastes like a chocolate milkshake if you add chopped up frozen banana, and maybe some extra cacao (another fat burner by the way).
Use Protein Powder as a Meal Replacement
You could use this powder as a meal replacement for 1 to 2 of your meals a day, then make sure to have a healthy dinner along with a couple of low GI snacks in between if you feel you need it. Low GI foods are very important on a fat loss diet as they can help keep your insulin levels more stable, which in turn helps to stop your body from laying down fat. Check out these lowest GI foods for inspiration on the foods you should be eating more of.
Protein also keeps your muscle mass high, in turn keeping your metabolism stoked – translation: more calories burned over-all. This works best with certain kinds of exercises such as HIIT or resistance training, both of which actually help to build that much sought after muscle in the first place.
Other benefits of this awesome powder include:-
- SUGAR FREE – Sweetened only by natural steviol, therefore, will help you get off the adequately termed “sugar train”.
- EFFA’S – This powder contains chia and quinoa protein; both of which naturally contain essential omega 3 fatty acids. These are vital for many systems of the body including your heart, brain and skin. Also needed when in training or doing lots of exercise, as they are anti inflammatory and help to keep muscle soreness to a minimum.
- HIGH FIBER – Needed to fill you up, keep blood sugar stable, and stop you snacking.
- GREAT FOR VEGANS – Due to high levels of lysine and leucine; both of which can be in short supply if you’re a vegan or pant based eater.
- HIGH IN IRON AND VITAMIN C.
4. Green Coffee Bean Extract
Green coffee beans are simply the raw, unroasted versions of your normal roasted coffee beans, but due to their lack of heat treatment still have their compound chlorogenic acid in tact. This is both their active compound and the ‘magic’ substance that is said to have the weight loss effects.
How does Green Coffee Bean Extract work?
Green coffee beans work on a couple of different levels: firstly, they contain caffeine, which in itself can help to boost your metabolism by 3-11% (great news for you coffee addicts), but its main and more potent ingredient chlorogenic acid is what really gives it that fat burning edge.
Human studies conducted on this substance show that it can reduce the amount of carbohydrates absorbed from the food you eat straight from your digestive tract itself. In layman’s terms this means that whilst you are taking green coffee bean extract your body will act as though it is on a lower carb diet, thus boosting your weight loss.
The proof in the studies
Other studies in animals have shown that chlorogenic acid not only helps to reduce the amount of fats absorbed from food, but also reduces fat stored in the liver AND boosts your adiponectin levels. Adiponectin is a fat burning hormone that helps with your fatty acid breakdown and glucose levels.
All this seems pretty damn good so far, but animals we are not; so let’s take a look at how the evidence from actual human studies stack up when it comes to the green coffee bean’s weight loss prowess. So far there have been several trials conducted on humans using green coffee bean extract, and these studies have been randomised control trials which are well known for being the gold standard in human scientific experiments, and this alone gives it that tick of approval to start with.
Here’s how one of these successful trials was conducted: 30 over weight adults were split into 2 groups of 15. Over a 12 week period one group consumed regular instant coffee, and the other group the same regular instant coffee but with 200 mg of green coffee bean extract added. It has to be stressed that no other dietary or exercise habits were changed during the period of the trial.
At the end of the 12 weeks, the group who had consumed the green coffee bean extract lost 11.9 lbs (5.4 kg) and their body fat had been reduced by 3.6%. The other group who consumed regular coffee alone lost 3.7 lbs (1.7 kg) and had a 0.7% body fat reduction.
The Promising Results of Green Coffee Bean Extract
These seem like pretty good results – losing almost a stone of unwanted fat in 12 weeks WITHOUT changing anything else. Just think of the potential of this if you were to consciously diet and exercise too! This could actually be a great supplement to a properly conducted weight loss plan, as well as still being pretty effective if you do nothing else on top.
I do not however, recommend dieting without exercising as you need to keep your body from burning muscle for fuel, and exercise along with a high protein diet is simply the best way to do this. As physical exercise is just so vital to health I would always push exercise and a healthy diet first and foremost alongside any diet supplements, even though the trials were conducted without these variables.
Several other trials have been conducted in this manner which have reported similar findings, proving that if you can tolerate caffeine then this could be an effective diet supplement.
Other green coffee bean health benefits include:-
- BLOOD SUGAR CONTROL – As green coffee bean reduces carbohydrate (glucose) absorption, it may also play a role in the management of blood sugar problems, alongside a low GI diet in general of course.
- HEART HEALTH – Green coffee bean has been shown to lower blood pressure, and may also have a positive effect on your blood vessels – both of which are MAJOR players in heart health.
- ANTIOXIDANTS – Coffee in itself is a great source of antioxidants, but the green coffee bean extract is even higher in them. Antioxidants help neutralise the free radical damage done to your body by environmental toxins, and play a major role in the anti aging of the whole body on both the inside and out; so to say antioxidant rich foods are vital to health is an understatement.
- ANTI INFLAMMATORY – The chlorogenic acid found in green coffee beans have been found to be highly anti inflammatory. Keeping chronic inflammation to a minimum through eating an antioxidant rich diet and exercising is crucial to a healthier life in general.
5. Green Tea Extract
Green tea extract is basically just the concentrated form of regular green tea leaves. One dose usually contains the equivalent antioxidants and active ingredients as one cup of the actual tea.
The main and unique catechin in green tea specifically (and also one that is not found anywhere else in nature) is its EGCG (short for epigallocatechin gallate). This special and powerful antioxidant is what gives it its superior health benefits over other teas.
Potentially Burn an Extra 5,000 Calories Per Month!
Green tea also contains caffeine, giving it yet another fat burning edge as caffeine in itself is a metabolism booster. Combine this with its antioxidants and you get a great fat burning supplement.
It can also boosts your weight loss efforts through thermogenesis, which is a process that happens to your body as it digests food and produces heat. Green tea extract can help to boost this process further; and the faster this thermogenesis process happens, the more calories you burn.
It has been shown in studies that green tea extract can help you to burn an extra 183 calories per day on average. That’s 1,281 per week, and over 5,000 per month (which is around 3 days worth of food). So, you can see the potential for weight loss with this product, especially over time and when combined with a healthy diet and exercise.
Other green tea extract benefits include:-
- BRAIN POWER – The antioxidant EGCG has been shown to help prevent oxidative stress on your grey matter. This is very important because, over time and with the build up of toxins, oxidative stress can lead to brain damage, which can then lead to health problems including cognitive decline, Alzheimers disease, Parkinsons disease, and dementia.
- MEMORY – EGCG can increase your memory power, brain function and performance by enhancing the connections between one part of your brain to another. All of this is vital when it comes to your brain sending messages to your body to perform every day tasks.
- POWERFUL ANTIOXIDANTS – Green tea extract is rammed to the rafters with those wonderful anti-aging antioxidants that we all need so much. All of which help slow down the aging process (thumbs up to that), and may also act to protect you to an extent against the myriad of health issues that can be caused by oxidative stress in general.
- GLOWING SKIN – Yes, this great supplement can sure help your skin by making it look more youthful in general. It can also help with all sorts of other problems such as inflammation, rosacea, dermatitis, warts, skin aging and acne. You can apply this topically in the forms of creams; or orally, depending on the nature of the problem, but I’d probably do both if you have really problematic skin.
- HEART HEALTH – Due again to the high levels of antioxidants found in green tea extract, it may be a great heart friendly supplement alongside a healthy diet and exercise plan. Oxidative stress promotes the build up of fats in your blood, which ultimately can lead to high blood pressure and the slippery slope of cardiovascular disease. Green tea’s antioxidants can help to decrease this inflammation to help lower your blood pressure. Don’t rely on this solely though; and use supplements ONLY as added insurance after you have consulted your doctor first.
- MAY HELP LIVER FUNCTION – These awesome green tea catechins may also help reduce the inflammation and oxidative stress caused by non-alcoholic fatty liver disease.
- EXERCISE PERFORMANCE – A great supplement for you exercisers out there, especially those in weight training. Green tea extract (due to it being a powerful anti inflammatory) can help to drastically cut down aches and pains from over exertion, allowing you to recover and be ready for action again in less time. This effect is also vastly amplified by eating a naturally anti inflammatory plant based diet. I can personally vouch for this as I have followed the whole food, plant based lifestyle for over two years and feel great for it, and I am definitely fitter than ever.
- BLOOD SUGAR BALANCE – As ECGC has been shown in studies to help lower blood sugar levels it stands to reason that this could be a good supplement for diabetics or those with blood sugar problems. Also, keeping blood sugar stable is the best way to lose fat (specifically dangerous fat around your middle) and is yet another reason why green tea is good for torching fat, and also why it’s used as a weight loss ingredient so much.
Green tea extract usually comes in the form of a powder, liquid or pills, and MUST be taken with or after meals. This part is very important, as taking too much or without food can cause liver damage. Always read labels and buy from reputable brands. If you also drink green tea as a beverage then you should probably go for a lower dose so you’re not getting too much.
AMAZING 4.5 STAR* PRODUCT =>Vintage Burn – Fat Burner<=
(NOT AVAILABLE IN THE UK)
It was only after searching and reviewing hundreds of product I came across this amazing product that actually has a 4.5 STAR RATING out of OVER 8,000 CUSTOMERS! That’s the largest amount of reviews and ratings I have come across on Amazon in the diet supplements section. Wowzers!
I haven’t tried this supplement for myself yet (I’m not sure it’s available in the UK where I am currently), but examples of what customers have to say about it are as follows:-
- I have been a bikini body competitor for 3.5 years and this product has given me the best results so far.
- I lost 17lbs in 6 weeks, along with my usual work out.
- My first bottle gave me a 6 pack in my first month (again, I’m guessing the guy worked out too).
- Vintage burn helped me get rid of stubborn fat on my legs and arms.
- Vintage burn gave me energy without any nasty caffeine type side effects, and helped me to lose 12lb with only moderate dietary changes.
- This product has helped me to lose a steady 2-3lb a week with no jittery side effects like you can get in other weight loss pills.
I struggled to find any negative reviews about Vintage Burn judging from Amazon reviewers, and am amazed I have never heard of it before. But. it’s blown me away. Check out these reviews for yourself here.
What is Vintage Burn?
This thermogenic weight loss supplement is a ketogenic diet friendly, appetite suppressant sold by Old School Labs. It’s great for man and women, and each 120 capsule tub contains a 60 day supply, making it great value for such a worthy product (it’s $49.99). It was also featured in Los Angeles Confidential Magazine as a great weight loss product.
One of its great features is that it burns fat whilst PRESERVING your precious muscle mass (extremely important for a sexy, toned body). It also improves your mental focus, boosts mood and gives you plenty of energy for your work outs. In fact, many reviewers commented on this – MORE energy without caffeine type side effects.
Its ingredient list includes many known fat burning products such as:-
- Green tea leaf extract – Boosts weight loss efforts through thermogenesis
- Green coffee bean extract – which contains chlorogenic acid, a compound that can help reduce the amount of carbs absorbed into your body from the foods foods you eat.
- Raspberry ketones – Shown in studies to help improve obesity and fatty liver in those eating high fat diets.
- Olive leaf extract – Another natural herb proven to help prevent high fat diet induced obesity.
- Caffeine – A metabolism booster and fat burner (though your body can quickly become accustomed to caffeine).
- Bacopa leaf extract- Bacopa is super high in antioxidants, which are anti inflammatory so therefore can contribute to weight loss.
- Garcinia root extract – This fruit contains high amounts of hydroxycitric acid (HCA), which has been shown in some studies to have weight loss properties, however, more need to be done for more conclusive evidence.
- Chrysin – is a flavone found in honey and propolis and is said to have weight loss properties, though I can only find limited literature about this online.
- Forskohlii root extract – A supplement derived from a plant in the mint family, forskhlii root extract is gaining popularity in the diet supplement world. It is said to be able to create enzymes that help free fatty acids from the cells of your body, thus allowing them to be burnt as fuel for energy. This particular method only works alongside a calories deficit diet and exercise.
As you can see, all of these food products are associated with weight loss and fat burning, and have been crammed into this product. They are all natural, but if you are caffeine intolerant then you will need to stay away from this even though many reviewers reported much less caffeine related side effects with Vintage Burn.
5. Green Superfood Powders
Green superfood powders are totally natural, and can also be a powerful weight loss tool. Not only are they choc full of phytonutrients, antioxidants and chlorophyl, but they can help your body detoxify from the bombardment of pollutants it needs to deal with daily
Detoxification and Weight Loss
Toxins are often stored for safe keeping in your fat cells, which is your body’s way of keeping them out of harms way and away from the brain where they could potentially cause damage. The problem is, if you are not detoxifying efficiently then these fat cells will have to keep swelling and swelling to accommodate the load, and you can guess where this leads – to weight gain! So moral of the story: toxins can sometimes be a contributor to obesity and weight gain.
Eating lots of detoxifying and highly alkaline foods (ESPECIALLY green superfood powders) will help to combat inflammation and remove toxins from your system. You can find a good assortment of organic superfoods on Amazon, which will include the following:-
- BARLEY GRASS
- BLUE-GREEN ALGAES
You can buy all of these in their single forms; or more preferably in a blend (these have a mix of many to make sure you get a well rounded array of nutrients and antioxidants). You can mix these with juices or smoothies – or simply take them as a shot if you don’t like the taste. Remember, these are shots of pure nutrition, and although they may not taste great they are 100% for sure worth the effort of getting them into your diet if you want to glow with health, youthfulness and vitality.
Other benefits of green superfood powders:-
- ANTI INFLAMMATORY – Green superfood powders are alkaline, giving them powerful anti inflammatory properties. Chronic long term inflammation may cause certain diseases if kept unchecked, so keeping it to a minimum may help negate this.
- ANTIOXIDANTS – As a source of lots of wonderful antioxidants, green superfoods will help neutralise those aging free radicals to help keep you young and glowing in both body, mind and soul. You should also be eating lots of antioxidant rich foods along with the reassurance of a good quality green powder. This will make doubly sure you are getting enough for the best benefits.
- MAY HELP LOWER BAD CHOLESTEROL – This is due to high amounts of phytochemicals and antioxidants that can help your hormonal system, cells and nerves.
- GOOD FOR YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM
- GOOD FOR CHILDREN – A great immune booster for the kids if you can ‘sneak’ it into their food and drinks (they probably won’t like the taste of it on its own).
Thank you for reading these natural diet supplement reviews. Always consult with your doctor before taking any of these supplements, especially if you have other ongoing medical conditions. I’m very happy to help answer any questions in the comment thread below. I wish you luck on your weight loss journey!
Don’t forget to join up!
Join up below↓↓↓ to Zestforever’s private email list and never miss new and exciting posts on weight loss, plant based eating, fitness tips, guides and so much MORE…