Whilst there’s no magic wand for weight loss and you can’t just click your fingers and expect changes instantly, there are thankfully some pretty great products on the market right now that can give you measurable results. In this post I have studied hundreds of reviews and looked in depth into ingredients and side effects to find the 5 best natural weight loss supplements of 2019 for you.
During this research I was in awe of some of the products that are available right now, and believe that along with the right diet and exercise plan they can help boost your weight loss efforts by doing some of the hard slog for you.
The many Benefits of Weight Loss:
Although looking good is often the main reason people want to lose weight, as having a slim and sexy body will naturally make you feel good about yourself; but there are also many other benefits that have nothing to do with aesthetics. Being within a healthy BMI slashes your risk of obesity related death and disease, a problem that is now at an all time high and one of the leading causes of death in the western world.
This is a very sad and dangerous situation to be in and goes to show just how badly the advertising of junk foods, plus the hidden sugars and unhealthy fats in our food have affected the nation. I say hidden, but it’s more a case of education, as most food labels by law have to disclose everything in their products so you can see at a glance what their food contains. Sometimes it’s just a matter of taking the time to understand nutritional value labels and learn what they mean.
Yes, food addiction is a real thing, and there’s scientific evidence that sugar lights up all the pleasure and reward centers in the brain which makes it notoriously hard to give it up; but fortunately we now have access to all the information we need in the fight against this dangerous fat as the internet is awash with information on healthy living and diet.
What should my BMI be?
Here’s a general guide as to what your BMI range should be in. You can usually get this tested at your doctors surgery, in the gym, or sometimes you will see BMI testing machines in pharmacies or chemists so you can probably access one somewhere near to you.
- BMI UNDER 18.5 – UNDERWEIGHT
- BMI BETWEEN 18.5 – 25 – IDEAL WEIGHT
- BMI BETWEEN 25 – 30 – OVERWEIGHT
- BMI OVER 30 – OBESE
Benefits of being within a Healthy BMI Range
There is a long list of potential health benefits to staying inside a healthy BMI range, and reading them will help give you the incentive you need to push yourself into action. These include:-
- CONFIDENCE – Now I’m not saying that people who are overweight aren’t confident; not at all. However, many aren’t (myself included), and low self esteem can destroy your quality of life and even your relationships. This is just one reason how feeling good about your body can completely change your life experience.
- FITNESS – You will usually find that being within an ideal weight range will also make you feel 10 times fitter, and you will be able to run for the bus and climb the stairs without all the huffing and puffing.
- DECREASED RISK OF DIABETES – Excess belly fat, along with eating junk foods will vastly increase your risks of type 2 diabetes, which is now one of the top 5 major diseases of our time.
- LESS JOINT PAIN – Losing weight will help clear up all those niggly joint pains that come from having the pressure of too much weight on them – especially your poor knees!
- DECREASED RISK OF HEART DISEASE – All that extra weight, or even a little extra weight (especially if it’s around the middle) will put a huge strain on your heart. Which is really quite scary when you think about it and one of the main health reasons to keep within a healthy BMI.
- LOWER BLOOD PRESSURE
- IMPROVED CHOLESTEROL
- IMPROVEMENT IN THE SYMPTOMS OF OSTEOARTHRITIS
- IMPROVEMENT OF SLEEP APNEA
- LESS RISK OF HAVING A STROKE
- LESSENING OF BACK PAIN
- DECREASED RISK OF SOME CANCERS
Having heard all the great reasons to lose excess fat, it’s time to put a plan into action. Yes, certainly taking one or some of these fat burning supplements will help and compliment your fat busting mission, but more importantly you MUST make a change for life if you want long term results. You can’t rely on pills forever, but they may have their place in initial weight loss if used correctly.
Please read this awesome guide to a healthy lifestyle and find out what other tactics you need to employ to help you get fit for an amazing life. These other tactics will also compliment your dietary changes and/or supplements you may use.
Eating for Weight Loss
Some people believe that dieting is all about deprivation and starving yourself, but you really need to get that kind of thinking out of your head before you start, otherwise you’ll set yourself up for failure. You don’t EVER need to go hungry if you learn how to eat a low GI diet and combine your foods correctly. This means complex carbohydrates, proteins, and a little healthy fat at every main meal to help keep your blood sugars stable and cravings at bay.
Eating LOTS of antioxidant rich foods like colourful fruits and vegetables will make sure your body is getting all the vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients it needs to keep your energy levels high, and also to help stop those food cravings. Did you know that if you eat too much junk, and not enough nutrient rich foods, your body can literally be ‘starving’ even though in reality you may actually be overweight? Yes, your body can be starving for actual nutrients, which then causes you to want to eat more!
The Role of Protein
A high protein, low carb diet will help keep your body in fat burning mode, and more importantly keep your muscle mass higher. All the diet pills under the sun won’t be able to do that for you as much as your actual diet will, but they can help accelerate fat burning and metabolism.
When you actively diet your body is inclined to start burning lean muscle mass for fuel rather that fat (unfair I know), which is obviously bad because you need as much of your lean muscle mass as possible to help you burn calories. In fact, the more muscle mass you can keep hold of, and ideally build through exercise, the better it is for a faster metabolism. Muscle in itself is a fat burner and it gobbles up calories just to maintain itself even when you’re resting. Fat, on the other hand, doesn’t need any calories as it just sits there and doesn’t need energy for movement like your muscle does.
Eating adequate amounts of protein will not only help you to keep hold of this precious muscle, but will also encourage your body to BURN FAT as its source of fuel, which is obviously the ideal situation that you want for healthy weight loss and muscle tone.
How Much Protein Should I Eat?
If you’re eating a highly plant based diet (which I recommend you do, as you will feel great) then you may need a protein supplement’ especially if you are trying to lose weight OR are exercising a lot. As a plant based eater myself who also does a lot of exercise I know I need a protein smoothie every day; this helps me to keep my muscle mass up, whilst keeping fat down.
You can eat between 1-2 grams of protein per kilo of body weight on a weight loss diet; and it’s a good idea to get 30g of protein powder down you first thing in the morning. And I mean just protein powder with NO carbs, as this will fire up your metabolism and help your body to burn fat ALL DAY (I’ve heard it said this works so well it may help you to burn an extra 400 calories a day just using this simple trick, and this study supports this).
You can still have breakfast afterwards, but I find that if I blend my protein powder with half an avocado and some sugar free nut milk then it is a meal in itself. I learnt this brilliant tip from a body building girl I know who said it was a game changer for her in the fat loss stakes.
Go for Plant Protein
Always use a quality plant based protein powder for this job as it is cleaner and less acid forming than whey, and it works perfectly well. Whilst we’re on the subject of protein powders it’s worth mentioning that there are some awesome products on the market these days. Some are specifically designed for weight loss and can be used as actual meal replacements; and many have added nutrients, enzymes, fruits, and even green superfoods, making them SO much healthier than the additive sugar laden diet shakes available.
What Supplements are Good for Weight Loss?
Not all weight loss supplements are suitable for everybody, therefore you must be sure to read all the relevant information that I have given you with each one carefully to be sure to find the one that is best for you, and not waste your hard earned money.
Below are some of the best weight loss supplements I can find that are based on reading hundreds of reviews; but do remember also that what works for one won’t necessarily work for another. For instance, we can’t all tolerate caffeine (me included) and many diet pills do contain it (some in high amounts) simply because it’s a known metabolism booster. However, caffeine still counts as a natural supplement, but if you are one of these people who cannot tolerate it then worry not as there are alternatives to this.
Bear in mind diet pills are very BIG BUSINESS and there are hundreds, if not thousands on the market as we speak, all claiming to have the latest magical ingredient promising to make you thin over night.
Make sure you use ONLY natural supplements!
Most of the hyped marketing on supplements is of course not always true, but manufacturers know exactly what to say to hit those buttons inside your brain to make you believe that you absolutely need their product to lose weight. We often buy into this flannel out of desperation, and can end up wasting lots of money on something that could be harmful; or even downright dangerous.
This is why you will find my list of diet supplements pretty short, as I don’t want to be responsible for anybody’s ill health, and I also don’t want you to waste your money; therefore I have found the best ones (according to reviews from real people) that actually do work on most occasions.
Different types of Weight Loss Supplements
There are mostly only 3 ways that a weight loss supplement will work: Through either boosting metabolism, suppressing appetite, or fat binding. Some may even do a combination of these things, but these are the basic products you will find.
These work best alongside a good workout or exercise regime as they will allow the calories from your food to be burnt up more quickly than usual. They don’t work as fast as some of the others, but they do help by suppressing appetite too – which means if snacking is your downfall then these could be a good choice for you.
Don’t be put off by things not working really fast, as sometimes losing weight more slowly over a period of time will help you to keep it off for good – think long term goals here.
These help to stop cravings before they even try to rear their ugly head, and will make you feel fuller for longer. Appetite suppressants are good if you can’t (or won’t) do any exercise, though I thoroughly recommend that you do if you want the best results out of any of these products.
These products use ingredients to naturally bind the fats in your digestive system together, thus stopping their absorption into your body. Instead they pass straight through your system and out again. You do, however, need to stick within the recommendations of how much fat you can eat per day whilst taking these – too much and you could be in for digestive trouble such as gas, bloating, and diarrhea.
I haven’t put any fat binder products on this list here as I’m not comfortable with their potential side effects, and I have also tried them myself in the past and they made me feel pretty ill so I’m certainly not going to recommend them to anybody else.
The 5 Best Natural Weight Loss Supplements of 2019
As this product has been around for well over 10 years, I thought I would review it. Most diet supplements never make the ten year mark unless they actually work, and let’s face it most of them don’t so I reckon that this one must have something good to offer.
Before I go into Hydroxycut I do need to stress that this product in the past has had bad reviews due to a powerful stimulating herb it once contained called ephedra, which although natural, was found to potentially cause serious side effects such as liver damage. Ephedra was in many diet pills at the time until it was banned, so has now been removed from ALL Hydroxycut products and replaced with much safer stimulants.
Caffeine and Weight Loss Pills
Stimulants such as caffeine are often used in diet supplements and are usually one of the main ingredients used to aid weight loss. But if you are sensitive then you should avoid all caffeine based supplements and instead go for something completely different. It’s also a good idea to start off with a small dose to see what your tolerance level is, and build up as you go. Don’t forget we are all different in this respect, and some can tolerate a lot more caffeine than others.
Despite the name (which I feel makes it sound like some sort of chemical, even though it’s not), Hydroxycut is actually a natural product and on closer inspection of its ingredients list, plus the many customer reviews online, I have been given reason to believe that this supplement does work for the majority of people who use it.
Choose from gummies, pills or shakes
This company uses various natural products in the form of capsules, gummies, pills, and even shakes, many of which have the same active ingredients of caffeine, lady’s mantle extract, olive leaf extract, cumin extract, and wild mint. But they do vary in terms of other added herbs and caffeine amounts.
Some of their products contain other known weight loss herbs such as blue skullcap, coleus, yohimbe, and green coffee bean. Below I have reviewed what I believe is their best product, but if that one isn’t suitable for your needs then you can check out some of the other Hydroxycut products and reviews here.
Caffeine and Weight Loss
Hydroxycut’s most potent ingredient is its caffeine, which works very alongside it’s other active herbs to boost weight loss. Caffeine has been proven time and time again in studies to have weight loss effects for those who can tolerate it well. However, as with many other caffeine related diet products this only really works well in the short term until your body becomes tolerant to it.
Boost your Incentive:
In my own experience of using diet supplements, this short term weight loss boost can be just what is needed to get you started on your weight loss diet, as seeing good results in those first weeks and months gives you the incentive to carry on – especially as you will start looking and feeling good about yourself.
As your body starts to get more and more used to caffeine you’ll find that it it won’t have the same effects as it used to, therefore you may want to do a month on and month off with this supplement to give your body a chance to reset itself again. This will definitely be the best way forward if you have a lot of weight to lose and need help long term.
How do the studies into hydroxycut add up?
Interestingly, even though you would think caffeine to be the most potent ingredient in this product, scientific tests have actually been conducted on some of its other active ingredients WITHOUT the caffeine. The results from this study were based on the olive leaf, lady’s mantle, cumin, and mint leaf extract’s alone and surprisingly the results where still pretty impressive.
In the study, 34 obese people were given either the herbal extract or placebo which was to be taken half an hour before meals. They did not change their diet or exercise regimes in any other way apart from being told not to over-eat or snack. Astonishingly, after 12 weeks the herbal blend group had lost 21 lbs (9.5 kg), and the placebo group only 1.8 lbs (0.8 kg).
The reason the placebo group lost any weight at all was because they were simply told not to snack, as were the other group. These results show that the herbs in Hydroxycut do work, even without the caffeine; but I’m presuming the effects could potentially be greater with the caffeine.
This product has been two decades in the making, and delivers a never seen before combination of herbs for both fat loss and a sensory experience. It’s specialised robusta coffee bean extract has been found in studies to help overweight individuals to lose 10.9 lbs in 60 days. This should however be used alongside a healthy diet and moderate exercise for maximum results.
This particular product also:-
- IS SCIENTIFICALLY TESTED
- IS THEIR MOST ADVANCED WEIGHT LOSS FORMULA
- IS SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED FOR ENHANCED MENTAL FOCUS – Making it a great supplement if you are prone to lethargy, tiredness or general fatigue. Would also be good if you are studying, or need to concentrate, as well as lose weight.
- ACTIVE WEIGHT LOSS HERBS OF SCUTELLARIA, COLEUS FORSKOLLI, GUAYUSA, AND YOHIMBE
- EXTREME ENERGY
- MAXIMUM INTENSITY TRAINING AFTER JUST 1 DOSE – A good supplement if you want to really push yourself whilst exercising to torch as much fat as possible.
- CAFFEINE PROMOTES THERMOGENESIS – This is the process of heat production, which fires up your metabolism and aids in the fat burning process.
Hydroxycut Customer Review’s Snippets:
- GREAT ENERGY BOOST FOR WORKOUT’S
- CAN MAKE YOU JITTERY AND WIRED IF YOU TAKE TOO MUCH OR CAN’T TOLERATE CAFFEINE
- EVERYBODY HAS DIFFERENT TOLERANCE LEVELS
- BEST FAT LOSS SUPPLEMENT I HAVE TRIED
- NEEDS TO BE USED ALONGSIDE A DIET FOR BEST RESULTS
- HELPS CONTROL APPETITE
NEXT UP – PROTEIN
3. Sun Warrior Vegan Protein Powder – Chocolate Flavour
I KG TUB
17 GRAMS OF PROTEIN PER SERVE
A high protein diet in general, will not only cause satiety but will also leave less room for those unhealthy carbohydrates, in turn helping to keep your blood sugar more stable. All of these things combined will result in fat loss, specifically that troublesome belly fat that is actually the most dangerous kind of fat.
You can use a protein supplement such as this Sun Warrior one as a complete meal replacement, especially when combined with some healthy fats, such as half an avocado, and also a banana for some carbohydrate. Makes a great pre or post workout snack too! One serving is only 100 calories and even when combined with your avocado, banana, and some nut milk, you’re still only looking at a 250 calories meal.
The reason I chose this protein powder specifically is because not only is it my all time favorite trusted brand, but it’s also perfect as a meal replacement on a weight loss plan. Why? Because it’s high in fiber, which will keep you full; AND it has a full spectrum of amino acids for super nutrition. Perfect!
Use Protein Powder as a Meal Replacement
You could use this powder as a meal replacement for 1 to 2 of your meals a day, then have a healthy dinner, along with a couple of low GI snacks in between if you feel you need it. Low GI foods are very important on a fat loss diet as they can help keep your insulin levels more stable, which in turn helps to stop your body from laying down fat. Check out this low GI foods list for inspiration on which foods you should be eating more of.
Protein also keeps your muscle mass high which in turn keeps your metabolism fast. Translation: more calories burned over all! This works best with certain kind of exercises such as HIIT or resistance training, both of which actually help to build that much sought after muscle in the first place.
Other benefits of this awesome powder include:-
- SUGAR FREE – Sweetened only by natural steviol – so will help you get off the “sugar train”.
- EFFA’S – This powder contains chia and quinoa protein, both of which naturally contain essential omega 3 fatty acids. These are vital for many systems of the body including your heart, brain and skin. Also needed when in training, or doing lots of exercise as they are anti inflammatory.
- HIGH FIBER – needed to fill you up, keep blood sugar stable, and stop you snacking.
- GREAT FOR VEGANS – Due to high levels of lysine and leucine, both of which can be in short supply if you’re a vegan or pant based eater.
- HIGH IN IRON AND VITAMIN C.
4. Green Coffee Bean Extract
Green coffee beans are simply the raw unroasted version of your normal roasted coffee beans, but due to their lack of heat treatment still have their compound chlorogenic acid in tact. This is their active compound and the ‘magic’ substance that is said to have the weight loss effects.
How does Green Coffee Bean Extract work?
Green coffee beans work on a couple of different levels. Firstly they contain caffeine which in itself can help to boost your metabolism by 3-11% (great news for you coffee addicts), but its main and more potent ingredient chlorogenic acid is what really gives it that fat burning edge.
Human studies conducted on this substance show that it can reduce the amount of carbohydrates absorbed from the food you eat straight from your digestive tract itself. In layman’s terms this means that whilst you are taking green coffee bean extract your body will act as though it is on a lower carb diet, thus boosting your weight loss.
The proof in the studies:
Other studies in animals have shown that chlorogenic acid not only helps to reduce the amount of fats absorbed from food, but also reduces fat stored in the liver AND helps boost your adiponectin levels. Adiponectin is a fat burning hormone that helps with your fatty acid breakdown and glucose levels.
All this seems pretty damn good so far, but animals we are not, so let’s take a look at how the evidence from actual human studies stack up when it comes to the green coffee bean’s weight loss prowess. So far, there have been several trials conducted on humans using green coffee bean extract and these studies have been randomised control trials; these are well known for being the gold standard in human scientific experiments, giving it that tick of approval to start with.
Here’s how one of these successful trials was conducted: 30 over weight adults were split into 2 groups of 15. Over a 12 week period one group consumed regular instant coffee, and the other the same regular instant coffee but with 200 mg of green coffee bean extract added. It has to be stressed that no other dietary or exercise habits were changed during the period of the trial.
At the end of the 12 weeks the group who had consumed the green coffee bean extract lost 11.9 lbs (5.4 kg) and their body fat had been reduced by 3.6%. The other group who consumed regular coffee alone lost 3.7 lbs (1.7 kg) and had a 0.7% body fat reduction.
The Promising Results of Green Coffee Bean Extract
These seem like pretty good results, losing almost a stone of unwanted fat in 12 weeks WITHOUT changing anything else, so just think of the potential of this if you were to consciously diet and exercise too. This may actually be a great supplement to a properly conducted weight loss plan, as well as still being effective if you do nothing else on top.
I do not, however, recommend dieting without exercising, as you need to keep your body from burning muscle for fuel, and exercise along with a high protein diet is simply the best way to do this. As I am always thinking about long term health and weight loss, I would always push exercise and a healthy diet as first and foremost alongside any diet supplements – even though the trials were conducted without these variables.
Several other trials have been conducted in this manner that have reported similar findings, proving that if you can tolerate caffeine then this could be an effective diet supplement.
Other green coffee bean health benefits include:-
- BLOOD SUGAR CONTROL – As green coffee bean reduces carbohydrate (glucose) absorption it may also play a role in the management of diseases such as diabetes and other blood sugar problems.
- HEART HEALTH – Green coffee bean has been shown to lower blood pressure, and may also have a positive effect on your blood vessels; both of which are MAJOR players in heart health.
- ANTIOXIDANTS – Coffee in itself is a great source of antioxidants, but the green coffee bean extract is even higher. Antioxidants help neutralise the free radical damage done to your body by environmental toxins, and play a major role in the anti aging of the whole body on both the inside and out. Therefore, they can help lower your risk of age related diseases such as Alzheimer’s, diabetes, some cancers, and heart disease – so to say antioxidant rich foods are vital to health is an understatement.
- ANTI INFLAMMATORY – The chlorogenic acid found in green coffee beans are highly anti inflammatory, and eating plenty of antioxidant and alkaline foods in general will help to keep you in a high state of health and vitality. Check out this easy guide to a Plant Based Diet if you would like to add more of these foods to your diet, or better still, eat LOTS of healthy plant foods alongside your diet supplements.
5. Green Tea Extract
Green tea extract is basically just the concentrated form of regular green tea leaves. One dose usually contains the equivalent antioxidants and active ingredients as one cup of the actual tea.
The main and unique catechin in green tea specifically, and one that is not found anywhere else in nature, is its EGCG (short for epigallocatechin gallate). This special and powerful antioxidant is what gives it its superior health benefits over other all teas.
Potentially Burn an Extra 5,000 Calories Per Month!
Green tea also contains caffeine, which gives it yet another fat burning edge as caffeine in itself is a metabolism booster. So, combine this with its antioxidants and you get a great fat burning supplement.
It also boosts your weight loss efforts through thermogenesis, which is a process that happens to your body as it digests food and produces heat. Green tea extract can help to boost this process further, and the faster this thermogenesis process happens, the more calories you burn.
It has been shown in studies that green tea extract can actually help you to burn an extra 179 calories per day on average. That’s 1,253 per week, and over 5,000 per month (which is around 3 days food), so you can see the potential for weight loss with this product; especially over time and when combined with a healthy diet and exercise.
Other green tea extract benefits include:
- BRAIN POWER – The antioxidant EGCG has been shown in studies to help prevent oxidative stress on your grey matter. This is very important because over time, and with the build up of heavy metals and toxins oxidative stress can lead to brain damage, which then causes all sorts of problems including cognitive decline, Alzheimers disease, Parkinsons disease, and dementia.
- MEMORY – EGCG can increase your memory power, brain function, and performance by enhancing the connections between one part of your brain to another. All of this is vital when it comes to your brain sending messages to your body to perform every day tasks.
- POWERFUL ANTIOXIDANTS – Green tea extract is rammed to the rafters with those wonderful anti aging antioxidants that we love so much. All of which help slow down the aging process (thumbs up to that) and help protect you against the myriad of health issues that can be caused by oxidative stress in general.
- GLOWING SKIN – Yes, this great supplement can sure help your skin by making it look more youthful in general, and can also help with all sorts of other problems too, such as inflammation, rosacea, dermatitis, warts, skin aging, and acne. You can apply this topically in the forms of creams – or orally – depending on the nature of the problem, but I’d probably do both if you really have problem skin.
- HEART HEALTH – Due again to the high levels of antioxidants found in green tea extract, it may be a great heart friendly supplement. Oxidative stress promotes the build up of fats in your blood, which ultimately can lead to high blood pressure and then the slippery slope of cardiovascular disease. Green tea’s antioxidants can help to decrease this inflammation to help lower your blood pressure. Don’t rely on this solely though, because if you are at risk of heart disease you should also follow a heart healthy diet, and get plenty of exercise. Using supplements ONLY as added insurance; and of course, consult your doctor first!
- LIVER FUNCTION – These awesome green tea catechins may also help reduce the inflammation and oxidative stress caused by non-alcoholic fatty liver disease.
- CANCER – When your fine balance of cell death and regrowth is disrupted cancer can occur, due to the body producing dysfunctional cells instead. But ECGC may help to keep this cell growth and death cycle in balance. One study on patients at risk of prostate cancer suggested that supplementing 600 mg of green tea catechins every day for a year reduced the risk of this particular cancer from 30% to 3%.
- EXERCISE PERFORMANCE – A great supplement for you exercisers out there; especially those in weight training. Green tea extract, due to it being a powerful anti inflammatory, will help to drastically cut down aches and pains from over exertion and allow you to recover and be ready for action again in less time. This effect is also vastly amplified by eating a naturally anti inflammatory plant based diet. This I can personally vouch for as I have followed the plant based lifestyle for over two years and feel great for it; plus I am fitter than ever!
- BLOOD SUGAR BALANCE – As ECGC has been shown in studies to help lower blood sugar levels, it stands to reason that this could be a good supplement for diabetics or people with blood sugar problems. Also, keeping blood sugar stable is the best way to lose fat (specifically dangerous fat around your middle), which is another reason why green tea is good for torching fat and is used as a weight loss supplement ingredient so much.
Green tea extract usually comes in the form of a powder, liquid, or pill, and MUST be taken with or after meals. This part is very important, as taking too much or without food can cause liver damage. Always read labels, and buy from reputable brands. If you also drink green tea as a beverage then you should probably go for a lower dose so you’re not getting too much.
5. Green Superfood Powders
Green superfood powders are totally natural and can also be a powerful weight loss tool. Not only are they choc full of phytonutrients, antioxidants, and chlorophyl, but they can help detoxify your body of the pollutants, chemicals, additives, and everything else that it is bombarded with every day.
Detoxification and Weight Loss
Toxins are often stored for safe keeping in your fat cells, which is your body’s way of keeping them out of harms way and away from the brain where they could potentially cause damage. The problem with this is, if you are not detoxifying efficiently, then these fat cells will have to keep swelling and swelling to accommodate the load, and you can guess where this leads; yep – to weight gain! So moral of the story – toxins can sometimes be a contributor to obesity and weight gain.
Eating lots of detoxifying and highly alkaline foods, ESPECIALLY green powders, will help to combat inflammation and remove toxins from your system. There are lots of green superfoods to choose from, including the following:-
- BARLEY GRASS
- BLUE-GREEN ALGAES
You can buy all of these in their single forms, or more preferably in a blend (which will have a mix of many that will make sure you get a well rounded array of nutrients and antioxidants), and you can mix these with juices or smoothies; or simply take them as a shot if you don’t like the taste. Remember, these are shots of pure nutrition and although some may not taste great, they are 100% for sure worth the effort of getting them into your diet if you want to simply glow with health, youthfulness, and vitality.
Other benefits of green superfood powders:-
- ANTI INFLAMMATORY – All green superfood powders are alkaline, giving them powerful anti inflammation properties. Chronic long term inflammation may cause certain diseases if kept unchecked, so keeping it to a minimum may help negate this.
- ANTIOXIDANTS – As a source of lots of wonderful antioxidants, green superfoods will help neutralise those aging free radicals to keep you young and glowing in both body, mind and soul. You could eat lots of antioxidant rich foods along with the reassurance of a green powder to make doubly sure you are getting enough.
- MAY HELP LOWER BAD CHOLESTEROL – This is due to high amounts of phytochemicals and antioxidants that can help your hormonal system, cells and nerves.
- GOOD FOR YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM
- GOOD FOR CHILDREN – A great immune booster for the kids if you can ‘sneak’ it into their food and drinks (they probably won’t like the taste of it on its own).
Thank you for reading these natural diet supplement reviews. Always consult with your doctor before taking any of these supplements, especially if you have other ongoing medical conditions. I’m also happy to help answer any questions in the comment thread below. I wish you luck on your weight loss journey!