While there is no magic wand for weight loss, and you can’t just click your fingers and expect changes instantly, there are thankfully some pretty great products on the market right now that do give you measurable results. In this post I have studied hundreds of reviews and looked in depth into ingredients and side effects to find the best weight loss supplements of 2018 for you.
To be honest, during this research I was in awe of some of the products that are available right now and believe that along with the right diet and exercise plan they can help boost your weight loss efforts and do some of the hard slog for you.
The many benefits of weight loss:-
Although looking good is often the main reason people want to lose weight, having a slim and sexy body will not only make you feel good about yourself, but will have many other benefits that have nothing to do with aesthetics. Being within a healthy BMI slashes your risk of obesity related death and disease, which is unfortunately now at an all time high and one of the leading causes of death in the western world.
This is a very sad and dangerous situation to be in, and goes to show just how badly the advertising of junk foods, and the hidden sugars and fats in our food have affected the nation. I say hidden, but most food labels by law have to disclose everything in their products so you can easily see at a glance what your food contains. Sometimes it’s just a matter of taking the time to understand nutritional value labels.
Yes, food addiction is a real thing; it’s a known fact that sugar lights up all the pleasure and reward centers in the brain, making it notoriously hard to give it up, but fortunately we now have access to all the information we need in the fight against this dangerous fat. The internet is a fantastic place for information and tips on healthy living, making it easier than ever for you to change your life and diet.
What should my BMI be?
Here’s a general guide as to what your BMI range should be in. You can usually get this tested at the doctor’s, in the gym, or sometimes you will see BMI testing machines in pharmacies or chemists so you can probably access one somewhere near to you.
- BMI UNDER 18.5 – UNDERWEIGHT
- BMI BETWEEN 18.5 – 25 – IDEAL WEIGHT
- BMI BETWEEN 25 – 30 – OVERWEIGHT
- BMI OVER 30 – OBESE
Benefits of being within a healthy BMI range:-
There is a long list of potential health benefits to staying inside a healthy BMI range, and reading them will help give you the incentive you need to push yourself into action. These include:-
- CONFIDENCE – Now I’m not saying that people who are overweight aren’t confident, not at all; however many aren’t (myself included) and sometimes it can destroy your quality of life, and even your relationships. This is when you know you need to do something about it – after all, you DO deserve to live your best life ever!
- FITNESS – You will usually find that being within an ideal weight range will make you feel 10 times fitter. You will be able to run for the bus and climb the stairs without all the huffing and puffing.
- DECREASED RISK OF DIABETES – Excess belly fat along with eating junk foods, will vastly increase your risks of type 2 diabetes which is now one of the top 5 major diseases of our time.
- LESS JOINT PAIN – Losing weight will help clear up all those niggly joint pains that come form having the pressure of too much weight on them – especially your poor knee’s.
- DECREASED RISK OF HEART DISEASE – All that extra weight, and even a little extra weight (especially if it’s around the middle) will put a huge strain on your heart – which is quite scary.
- LOWER BLOOD PRESSURE
- IMPROVED CHOLESTEROL
- IMPROVEMENT IN THE SYMPTOMS OF OSTEOARTHRITIS
- IMPROVEMENT OF SLEEP APNEA
- LESS RISK OF HAVING A STROKE
- LESSENING OF BACK PAIN
- DECREASED RISK OF SOME CANCERS
Having heard all the great reasons to lose excess fat, it’s time to put a plan into action. Yes, certainly taking one, or some, of these fat burning supplements will help and compliment your fat busting mission, but you also MUST make a change for life if you want long term results. You can’t rely on pills forever, but they definitely do have their place in initial weight loss if used correctly.
Please read this awesome guide to a healthy lifestyle and find out what other tactics you need to employ to help you get fit for life, which will also compliment any dietary changes and supplements you may already be thinking about.
Eating for weight loss:-
Some people believe that dieting is all about deprivation and starving yourself, but you need to get that kind of thinking out of your head before you even start, otherwise you’ll set yourself up for failure. You don’t EVER need to go hungry if you learn how to eat a low GI diet, and combine your foods correctly. This means complex carbohydrates, proteins, and a little healthy fat at every main meal to help keep your blood sugars stable and cravings at bay.
Eating LOTS of antioxidant rich foods like colourful fruits and vegetables, will make sure your body is getting all the vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients it needs to keep your energy levels high, and also to help stop those food cravings. Did you know that if you eat too much junk, and not enough nutrient rich foods your body can literally be ‘starving’, even though you may be overweight. You can actually be starving for nutrients, which causes you to want to eat MORE.
The role of protein
A high protein and low carb diet will keep your body in fat burning mode, and more importantly keep your muscle mass high. All the diet pills under the sun won’t be able to do that for you as much as your actual diet can, but they can help accelerate it.
When you actively diet your body is inclined to start burning lean muscle mass for fuel rather that fat (unfair I know, but that’s just how it is). This is obviously bad because you need as much of your lean muscle mass as possible to help you burn calories; the more you can keep hold of and ideally build through exercise, the better for a faster metabolism. Muscle in itself is a fat burner and gobbles up calories just to maintain itself, even when you’re just resting. Fat on the other hand doesn’t need any calories as it just sits there and doesn’t need energy for movement like muscle does.
Eating adequate amounts of protein will not only help you to keep hold of this precious muscle, but will also encourage your body to BURN FAT as its source of fuel, which is the ideal situation that you want for healthy weight loss and muscle tone.
How much protein?
If you’re eating a highly plant based diet (which I recommend you do, as you will feel great) then you may need a protein supplement, especially if you are trying to lose weight OR are exercising a lot. As a plant based eater myself who also does a lot of exercise I know I need a protein smoothie every day, this helps me to keep my muscle mass up whilst keeping fat down.
You can eat between 1-2 grams of protein per kilo of body weight on a weight loss diet, and it’s a good idea to get 30g of protein powder down you first thing in the morning. Just protein powder with NO carbs as this will fire up your metabolism and help your body to burn fat ALL DAY (some say this works so well it can make you burn an extra 400 calories a day just using this simple trick).
You can still have breakfast afterwards, but I find that if I blend my protein powder with half an avocado and some sugar free nut milk then it is a meal in itself. I learnt this brilliant tip from a body building girl I know, and she said it was a game changer for her in the fat loss stakes!
Go for plant protein!
Always use a quality plant based protein powder for this job as it is cleaner and less acid forming than whey, and works perfectly. On the subject of protein powders, it’s good to know there are some awesome products on the market these days. Some are specifically designed for weight loss and can even be used as actual meal replacements, and many have added nutrients, enzymes, fruits, and even green superfoods, making them SO much healthier than the additive laden diet shakes available in the billion dollar diet industry.
CHOOSING YOUR WEIGHT LOSS SUPPLEMENTS
Not all weight loss supplements are suitable for everyone, therefore you must be sure to read the relevant information that I have given you with each one carefully. This way you will find what is best for you and not waste your hard earned money.
Below are some of the best weight loss supplements I can find based on reading hundreds of reviews, but do remember also that what works for one won’t necessarily work for another. For instance, we can’t all tolerate caffeine (me included), and many diet pills do contain it (some in high amounts) because it’s a known metabolism booster. If you are one of these people then worry not as there are alternatives to this.
Bear in mind diet pills are very BIG BUSINESS and there are hundreds, if not thousands on the market as we speak, all claiming to have the latest magical ingredient promising to make you thin over night.
Make sure you use only natural supplements
Most of the time this is of course not true, but manufacturers know exactly what to say to hit those buttons inside your brain and make you believe that you absolutely need their product to be thin. We often buy into this flannel out of desperation and end up wasting lots of money on something that could be harmful, or even downright dangerous.
This is why you will find my list of diet supplements pretty short as I don’t want to be responsible for anybody’s ill health and I also don’t want you to waste your money, therefore I have found the best ones (according to review’s from real people) that actually do work on most occasions.
Different types of weight loss supplements
There are mostly only 3 ways that a weight loss supplement will work, through either boosting metabolism, suppressing appetite, or fat binders. Some may even do a combination of these things, but these are the basic products you will find.
These work best alongside a good workout or exercise regime as they allow the calories from your food to be burnt up more quickly than usual. They don’t work as fast as some of the others, but they do help by suppressing appetite too which means if snacking is your downfall then these could be your choice.
Just don’t be put off by things not working really fast as sometimes losing weight more slowly over a period of time will help you to keep it off for good – think long term goals.
These help to stop cravings before they even try to rear their ugly head, and will make you feel fuller for longer. Appetite suppressants are good if you can’t, or won’t do any exercise (though I thoroughly recommend that you do if you want the best results out of any of these products).
These products use ingredients to naturally bind the fats in your digestive system together, thus stopping their absorption into your body. They then pass straight through your system and out again at the other end.
You do however need to stick within the recommendations of how much fat you can eat per day whilst taking these. Too much and you could be in for digestive trouble such as in gas, bloating, and diarrhea.
I haven’t put any fat binder products on this list here as I’m not comfortable with the potential side effects. I have also tried them myself in the past and they made me feel pretty ill, so I’m certainly not going to recommend them to anybody else.
Best Weight Loss Supplements of 2018
As this product has been around for well over 10 years I thought I would review it. Most diet supplements never make the ten year mark unless they actually work, and let’s face it most of them don’t.
However, I do need to stress that this product in the past has had bad reviews due to a powerful stimulating herb it contained called ephedra, which although natural was found to potentially cause serious side effects such as liver damage. Ephedra was in many diet pills at the time until it was banned; it has now been removed from all Hydroxycut products and replaced with much safer stimulants.
Caffeine is a common stimulant used in weight loss pills:-
Stimulants such as caffeine are often used in diet supplements and are usually one of the main ingredients to aid weight loss, but if you are sensitive then you should avoid caffeine based supplements. It’s also a good idea to start off with a small dose to see what your tolerance level is, and build up as you go – don’t forget, we are all different in this respect.
Despite the name (which I feel makes it sound like some sort of chemical), Hydroxycut is actually a natural product, and reviewing its ingredients list plus the many customer reviews online has given me reason to believe that this product does work for the majority of people.
Choose from gummies, pills, or shakes:-
This company uses various natural products in the form of capsules, gummies, pills, and even shakes, many of which have the same active ingredients of caffeine, lady’s mantle extract, olive leaf extract, cumin extract, and wild mint; but vary in terms of other added herbs, and caffeine amounts.
Some of their products contain other known weight loss herbs such as blue skullcap, coleus, yohimbe, and green coffee bean. Below I have reviewed what I think is their best product, but if that one isn’t suitable for your needs then you can check out some of the other Hydroxycut products and reviews here.
Caffeine and weight loss:-
Hydroxycut’s most potent ingredient is its caffeine which works alongside it’s other active herbs to boost weight loss. Caffeine has been proven time and time again in studies to have weight loss effects for those who can tolerate it. However, as with many other caffeine related diet products this only really works in the short term until your body becomes tolerant to it.
Boost your incentive:-
In my own experience using diet supplements, this short term weight loss boost can be just what is needed to get you started on your weight loss regime. And seeing good results in those first weeks and months gives you the incentive to carry on, especially when you start looking and feeling good about yourself AND seeing results.
As your body starts to get more and more used to caffeine you’ll find that it it won’t have the same effects, and you may want to do a month on and month off with this supplement to give your body a chance to reset itself again. This will definitely be the best way forward if you have a lot of weight to lose.
How do the studies into hydroxycut add up?
Interestingly, even though you would think caffeine to be the most potent ingredient in this product, scientific tests have actually been conducted on some its other active ingredients WITHOUT the caffeine. The results from this study were based on the olive leaf, lady’s mantle, cumin, and mint leaf extract’s alone, and surprisingly the results where still pretty impressive.
In the study 34 obese people were given either the herbal extract or placebo, which was to be taken half an hour before meals. They did not change their diet or exercise regime’s in any other way, apart from being told NOT to over eat or snack. Astonishingly, after 12 weeks the herbal blend group had lost 21 lbs (9.5 kg) and the placebo group only 1.8 lbs (0.8 kg).
The reason the placebo group lost any weight at all was because they were simply told not to snack, as were the other group. These results show that the herbs in Hydroxycut do work even without the caffeine, and I’m presuming the effects could potentially be greater with the caffeine.
2. Hydroxycut Hardcore Next Generation Weight Loss by Muscle Tech: 180 Capsules
This product has been two decades in the making and delivers a never seen before combination of herbs for both fat loss and a sensory experience. It’s specialised robusta coffee bean extract has been found in studies to help overweight individuals to lose 10.9 lbs in 60 days. This should however be used alongside a healthy diet and moderate exercise for maximum results.
This particular product also:-
- IS SCIENTIFICALLY TESTED
- IS THEIR MOST ADVANCED WEIGHT LOSS FORMULA
- IS SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED FOR ENHANCED MENTAL FOCUS – Making it a great supplement if you are prone to lethargy, tiredness, or general fatigue. Would also be good if you are studying or need to concentrate as well as lose weight.
- ACTIVE WEIGHT LOSS HERBS OF SCUTELLARIA, COLEUS FORSKOLLI, GUAYUSA, AND YOHIMBE
- EXTREME ENERGY
- MAXIMUM INTENSITY TRAINING AFTER JUST 1 DOSE – A good supplement if you want to really push yourself whilst exercising to torch as much fat as possible.
- CAFFEINE PROMOTES THERMOGENESIS – This is the process of heat production, which fires up your metabolism and aids in the fat burning process.
Some of the things said about this particular hydroxycut product in customer review’s:-
- GREAT ENERGY BOOST FOR WORKOUT’S
- CAN MAKE YOU JITTERY AND WIRED IF YOU TAKE TOO MUCH OR CAN’T TOLERATE CAFFEINE
- EVERYBODY HAS DIFFERENT TOLERANCE LEVELS
- BEST FAT LOSS SUPPLEMENT I HAVE TRIED
- NEEDS TO BE USED ALONGSIDE A DIET FOR BEST RESULTS
- HELPS CONTROL APPETITE
NEXT UP – PROTEIN:
3. Sun Warrior Vegan Protein Powder – Chocolate Flavour
I KG TUB
17 GRAMS OF PROTEIN PER SERVE
A high protein diet in general will not only cause satiety, but will also leave less room for those unhealthy carbohydrates, in turn helping to keep your blood sugar more stable. All of these things combined will result in fat loss, specifically that troublesome belly fat that is actually the most dangerous kind. Read why here.
You can use a protein supplement such as this Sun Warrior one as a complete meal replacement, especially when combined with some healthy fats such as half an avocado, and/or a banana. One serving is only 100 calories, and even when combined with your avo, banana, and some nut milk you’re still only looking at a 250 calories meal… if that!
The reason I chose this protein powder specifically is because not only is it my all time favorite and trusted brand, but it’s also perfect as a meal replacement on a weight loss plan. Why? Because it’s high in fiber which will keep you full AND it has a full spectrum of amino acids for nutrition. Perfect!
Use as a meal replacement!
You could use this powder as a meal replacement for 1 to 2 of your meals a day, then have a healthy dinner along with a couple of low GI snacks in between if you feel you need it. Low GI foods are VERY IMPORTANT on a fat loss diet as they keep your insulin levels more stable, which in turn helps to stop your body from laying down fat. Check out this low GI foods list for inspiration.
Protein also keeps your muscle mass high, which in turn keeps your metabolism fast; so translation – more calories burned overall! This works best with some kind of exercise, such as HIIT or resistance training to actually help to build that muscle in the first place.
Other benefits of this awesome powder include:-
- SUGAR FREE – Sweetened only by natural steviol, so will help you get off the ‘sugar train’.
- EFFA’S – This powder contains chia and quinoa protein, both of which naturally contain essential omega 3 fatty acid’s. These are vital for many systems of the body, including your heart, brain and skin. Also needed when in training or doing lots of exercise as they are anti inflammatory.
- HIGH FIBER – needed to fill you up, keep blood sugar stable, and stop you snacking.
- GREAT FOR VEGANS – Due to high levels of lysine and leucine; both of which can be in short supply if you’re a vegan.
- HIGH IN IRON AND VITAMIN C.
4. Green Coffee Bean Extract
Green coffee bean extract is now one of the worlds leading and best weight loss pills, as it is natural and its side effects minimal.
Green coffee beans are simply the raw unroasted version of your normal roasted coffee beans but due to their lack of heat treatment still have their compound chlorogenic acid in tact. This is their active compound and the ‘magic’ substance said to have the weight loss effects.
How they work:-
Green coffee beans work on a couple of different levels. Firstly they contain caffeine, which in itself can help to boost your metabolism by 3-11% (great news for you coffee addicts), but its main and more potent ingredient chlorogenic acid is what really gives it that fat burning edge.
Human studies conducted on this substance show that it can reduce the amount of carbohydrates absorbed from the food you eat straight from your digestive tract itself. Ultimately this means that whilst you are taking green coffee bean extract your body will act as though it is on a lower carb diet, thus boosting your weight loss.
The proof in the studies
Other studies in animals have shown that chlorogenic acid not only helps to reduce the amount of fats absorbed from food, but also reduces fat stored in the liver, AND helps boost your adiponectin levels. Adiponectin is a fat burning hormone that helps with your fatty acid breakdown and glucose levels.
All this seems pretty damn good so far, but animals we are not, so let’s take a look at how the evidence from actual human studies stack up when it comes to the green coffee bean’s weight loss prowess. So far there have been several trials conducted on humans using green coffee bean extract, and these studies have been randomised control trials which are well known for being the gold standard in human scientific experiments, giving it a tick of approval to start with.
Here’s how one of these successful trials was conducted:-30 over weight adult’s were split into 2 groups of 15. Over a 12 week period one group consumed regular instant coffee, the other the same regular instant coffee but with 200 mg of green coffee bean extract added. It has to be stressed that no other dietary or exercise habits were changed during the period of the trial.
At the end of the 12 weeks the group who had consumed the green coffee bean extract lost 11.9 lbs (5.4 kg), and their body fat had been reduced by 3.6%. The other group that consumed regular coffee alone lost 3.7 lbs (1.7 kg) and had a 0.7% body fat reduction.
These seem like pretty good results – losing almost a stone of unwanted fat in 12 weeks WITHOUT changing anything else. Just think, you could easily double, or even triple this if you were to consciously diet and exercise too, so this could actually be a great supplement to a properly conducted weight loss plan, as well as still being effective if you do nothing else on top.
I do not however recommend dieting without exercising as you need to keep your body from burning muscle for fuel; and exercise, along with a high protein diet, is simply the best way to do this.
Several other trials have been conducted in this manner that have reported similar findings, proving that if you can tolerate caffeine then this could be an effective diet supplement.
Other green coffee bean health benefit’s include:-
- BLOOD SUGAR CONTROL – As green coffee bean reduces carbohydrate (glucose) absorption, it could also play a role in the management of diseases such as diabetes and other blood sugar problems.
- HEART HEALTH – Green coffee bean has been shown to lower blood pressure and may also have a positive effect on your blood vessels. Both of which are MAJOR players in heart health.
- ANTIOXIDANTS – Coffee in itself is a great source of antioxidants, but the green coffee bean extract is even higher! Antioxidants neutralise the free radical damage done to your body by environmental damage, and play a major role in the anti aging of the whole body on both the inside and out. Therefore they cut your risk of all age related diseases such as Alzheimer’s, diabetes, many cancer’s, and heart disease – so antioxidants are VITAL.
- ANTI INFLAMMATORY – The chlorogenic acid found in green coffee beans are highly anti inflammatory. Chronic inflammation is now believed to be the root cause of many diseases and illnesses, so keeping the body more alkaline through eating plenty of antioxidant and alkaline foods will help to keep you in tip top health. Check out this easy guide to a Plant Based Diet if you would like to add more alkaline foods to your diet.
5. Green Tea Extract
Green tea extract is basically just the concentrated form of regular green tea leaves. One dose usually contains the equivalent antioxidants and active ingredients as one cup of the actual tea.
The main and unique catechin in green tea specifically, and one that is not found anywhere else, is its EGCG (short for epigallocatechin gallate). This special and powerful antioxidant is what gives it its superior health benefits over other all teas.
Burn an extra 5,000 calories per month!
Green tea also contains caffeine, giving it another fat burning edge as caffeine in itself is a metabolism booster. So combine this with its antioxidants and you get a fat burning supplement.
It also boosts your weight loss efforts through thermogenesis, which is a process that happens to your body as it digests food and produces heat. Green tea extract can help to boost this process further, and the faster this thermogenesis process happens the more calories you burn.
It has been shown in studies that green tea extract can actually help you to burn an extra 179 calories per day on average. That’s 1,253 per week, and over 5,000 per month (which is around 3 days food), so you can see the potential for weight loss with this product – especially over time and when combined with a healthy diet and exercise.
Other green tea extract benefit’s include:-
- BRAIN POWER – The antioxidant EGCG has been shown in studies to help prevent oxidative stress on your grey matter. This is very important because over time, and with the build up of heavy metals and toxins, oxidative stress can lead to brain damage which causes all sorts of problems, including cognitive decline, Alzheimers, Parkinsons, and dementia.
- MEMORY – EGCG can increase your memory power, brain function, and performance, by enhancing the connections between one part of your brain to another. All of this is vital when it comes to your brain sending messages to your body to perform every day tasks.
- POWERFUL ANTIOXIDANTS – Green tea extract is rammed to the rafters with those wonderful anti aging antioxidants that we love so much; all of which help slow down the aging process (thumbs up to that), and help protect you against the myriad of health issues that are caused by oxidative stress in general.
- GLOWING SKIN – Yes, this great supplement can sure help your skin, not just by making it look more youthful in general; but I’m talking all sorts of other problems too, such as inflammation, UV cancer, rosacea, dermatitis, warts, skin aging, and acne. You can apply this topically in the forms of creams, OR orally, but I’d do both if you really have problem skin!
- HEART HEALTH – Due again to the high levels of antioxidants found in green tea extract it can be a great heart friendly supplement. Oxidative stress promotes the build up of fats in your blood, which ultimately can lead to high blood pressure and then the slippery slope of cardiovascular disease. Green tea’s antioxidants can help to decrease this inflammation, which will help to lower your blood pressure. Don’t rely on this solely though; if you are at risk of heart disease you should also follow a heart healthy diet, and also get plenty of exercise; using supplements ONLY as added insurance.
- LIVER FUNCTION – These awesome green tea catechins may also help reduce the inflammation and oxidative stress caused by non-alcoholic fatty liver disease.
- CANCER – When your fine balance of cell death and regrowth is disrupted cancer can occur due to the body producing dysfunctional cells instead. ECGC can help to keep this cell growth and death cycle in balance. One study on patients at risk of prostate cancer found that supplementing 600 mg of green tea catechins every day for a year reduced the risk of this particular cancer from 30% to 3%. These are pretty impressive results i’d say!
- EXERCISE PERFORMANCE – A great supplement for you exerciser’s out there – especially weight trainer’s. Green tea extract due to it being a powerful anti inflammatory, will help to drastically cut down aches and pains from over exertion, allowing you to recover and be ready for action again in less time. This effect is also vastly amplified by eating a naturally alkaline plant based diet. This I can personally vouch for!
- BLOOD SUGAR BALANCE – As ECGC has been shown in studies to help lower blood sugar levels, it stands to reason that this could be a good supplement for diabetics or people with blood sugar problems. And keeping blood sugar stable is the best way to lose fat (specifically dangerous fat around your middle), which is another reason why green tea is good for torching fat.
Green tea extract usually comes in the form of a powder, liquid, or pill. MUST be taken with or after meals. This is very important as taking too much or without food can cause liver damage. Always read labels and buy from reputable brands. If you also drink green tea as a beverage then you should probably go for a lower dose.
5. Green Superfood Powders
Green superfood powders are totally natural and can be a powerful weight loss tool. Not only are they choc full of phytonutrients, antioxidants, and chlorophyl; but they help detoxify your body of all the pollutants, chemicals, additives, and everything else that it is bombarded with every day.
The importance of detoxification for weight loss:-
The thing with toxins is they are stored for safe keeping in your fat cells, which is your body’s way of storing them out of harms way and away from the brain where they could potentially cause lots of damage. The problem with this is if you are not detoxifying efficiently then these fat cells will have to keep swelling and swelling to accommodate, and you can guess where this leads – yep; to weight gain.
Therefore eating lots of detoxifying and alkaline foods, ESPECIALLY green powders, will help to combat inflammation and remove toxins from your system. There are lots of green superfood’s to choose from including:-
- BARLEY GRASS
- BLUE-GREEN ALGAE’S
You can buy all of these in their single forms, or more preferably in a blend which will have a mix of many to make sure you get a well rounded array of nutrients and antioxidants. You can mix these with juice or smoothies, or simply take them as a shot if you don’t like the taste. Remember, these are shots of pure nutrition and although some may not taste great, they are worth the effort of getting into your diet if you want to glow like a glowstick.
Other benefit’s of green superfood powder’s:-
- ANTI INFLAMMATORY – All green superfood powder’s are alkaline, giving them powerful anti inflammation properties. As chronic inflammation is thought to be the root cause of many diseases, keeping it to a minimum will help negate this.
- ANTIOXIDANTS – As a source of lots of wonderful antioxidants, green superfoods will help neutralise those aging free radicals to keep you young and glowing in both body, mind, and soul. You need lots of antioxidant rich foods, along with the reassurance of a green powder, to be sure you are getting enough for the ultimate benefit of extreme super duper health.
- LOWERS BAD CHOLESTEROL – due to high amounts of phytochemicals and antioxidants that all help your hormonal system, cells and nerves.
- GOOD FOR YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM
- GOOD FOR CHILDREN – A great immune booster for the kids, if you can sneak it into their food and drinks.