Are you plagued with cellulite on your bottom and thighs, or maybe even in some more of the more unusual places on your body? Many of us suffer from these unsightly orange peel texture lumps and bumps, even the most healthiest and fittest among us.Yep, cellulite can ruin both your confidence and self esteem, and make beach holidays a nightmare.
In this post I will show you how to get rid of cellulite fast with these 8 essential tips that worked for me. If you apply these tried and tested effective methods consistently, then you will soon see a reduction (if not complete disappearance) of cellulite on your thighs, legs, bottom and anywhere else you may be affected with its unwanted presence.
Cellulite affects up to 90% of women and to a lesser extent men, and is something we would all just love to know the cure for right? While there’s no instant fix (though blasting it with a cold shower head can give you a temporary reduction), you will see more long term and lasting results from following the methods in this post pretty fast, especially if you apply all of them together.
Your cellulite busting action plan
I have devised a plan of action for you that’s been tried and tested on myself and with pretty good results. With these methods you’ll also find out how to prevent cellulite, and get lots of other great side effects. These include flawless and glowing skin, a healthier slimmer body, and MUCH more energy. So, who’s in?
What is Cellulite?
Cellulite is pretty much just harmless deposits of fat that have pushed their way through the connective tissue beneath the skin. In doing so, it leaves unsightly lumps that mainly affect thighs, legs and bottom; but can sometimes affect any area of the body.
Getting rid of cellulite for good may involve hitting it from a few different angles, but as with most things worth doing in life, will take a little effort on your part. Cellulite can be a stubborn beast that doesn’t just plague the overweight. Definitely not, even the slimmest among us can be affected because it often has its roots in genetics, the taking of certain medications, or simply an under par detoxification system.
8 Cellulite Busting Tips
1. HORMONES AND AGE
Many different hormones can play a role in the production of cellulite, but age is also a risk factor. This is because the reduction of estrogen in the approach to menopause decreases the flow of blood to the connective tissue under the skin. And, it’s this blood flow reduction that encourages the formation of cellulite.
Eating estrogenic foods such as soya beans, green peas, flax seeds, legumes, and alfalfa sprouts may be of some help if this is the reason. It’s worth noting that the highly nutritious plant based diet is naturally high in ALL these foods, and also cellulite busting detoxify foods too!
Staying fully hydrated is very important when it comes to cellulite reduction, so this means lots of pure filtered water and herbal teas. Keeping hydrated is not only essential for every system in your body, but it will also plump up the skin (in a good way) all over your body, and therefore make cellulite much less visible.
Proper hydration will also make fine lines and wrinkles on your face seem much less visible too, almost like a much cheaper version of BOTOX! This really works! If you drink plenty of filtered water you will notice a huge difference in your skin within hours; even more so over time if you keep it up.
You probably already knew I was going to say it, but your diet plays such a massive role in cellulite prevention that it just can’t be skipped. Foods such as sugar, cheese, refined carbs, processed meats, and all junk foods in general will all promote cellulite on your body over time.
But, there are also foods to get rid of cellulite fast too, and eating a healthy, plant filled diet will do wonders for this problem. It will also help boost detoxification in general through eating all that fiber and antioxidants, leaving your skin glowing and gorgeous.
Foods to Reduce Cellulite:-
- Chilies, cayenne pepper, or anything that is hot!
- Omega 3’s from sources such as flax seeds, chia seeds, hemp seeds and walnuts
- Omega 6 from sunflower seeds
- Fruits – mainly blueberries, oranges, watermelon, grapefruit, bananas, apricots, apples and lemons
- Vegetables – mainly asparagus, broccoli, garlic, beansprouts, cucumber, celery, fennel, beetroot and cabbage
- Wholegrains, such as wholegrain bread, pasta, spelt, buckwheat, quinoa, millet and rye (but you may find stearing clear of gluten may help too)
- Cacao (yes I mean chocolate, but the dark stuff with over 70% cacao solids, so there is not too much added sugar). Check out these amazing cacao benefits and see why dark chocolate is actually good for you. There is a God after all!
- Green, Nettle, and Dandelion teas
- Apple Cider Vinegar (with the mother)
- Lots of fiber rich raw foods will literally drag impurities and toxins out of your body. I’m talking about those toxins that have built up in cellulite will also be dispersed over time.
It would also help you immensely to incorporate some of these helpful metabolism boosting foods into your diet, as their high fiber and nutrient content will help to flush toxins out of your system. They are also readily available, and can be incorporated into your everyday diet.
This is another big one to consider on your cellulite busting mission. Having strong muscles and definition will go a long way to hiding those lumpy, bumpy areas. Squats, for example, are a great exercise for reducing the appearance of cellulite on the bottom and thigh area. But, ANY exercise is good as it will get your lymphatic drainage system working, thus flushing out toxins and reducing cellulite.
5. DRY SKIN BRUSHING
Dry skin brushing is a highly effective way of boosting lymph drainage, in turn releasing stored up toxins and helping to break down cellulite. It also buffs off dead and dry skin cells, tightens skin, promotes cell renewal, and boosts circulation giving you an all round glow.
How to dry skin brush effectively
Invest in a good body brush with natural firm bristles and use it every day, right before you get in the shower, ideally. Starting at your feet, brush in firm, upward and swift strokes towards your heart. Then continue to do the rest of your body, always stroking towards the heart (this is the best movement for circulation).
Make sure the room (or you) aren’t steamy or wet. The idea is for you and the brush to both be completely dry, otherwise it will stick to your skin and you wont get a good stroke going.
6. ESSENTIAL OIL MASSAGE
The best oil by far for cellulite is good old inexpensive coconut oil. You can either use it alone, or as a carrier oil with other anti cellulite essential oils such as cinnamon, cypress, grapefruit and lemon.
Melt the oil between your hands and massage vigorously into cellulited areas, focusing especially on the backs of legs and buttocks. Because sometimes this effect can be temporary, it needs to be done on a long term basis for lasting effects. This strategy would work better if you could lay down and have it done by somebody else if possible.
Coconut and Olive Oil Scrub
This scrub is cheap, easy to make, and HIGHLY EFFECTIVE alongside the massage. You simple need to mix together the following:-
- 1/4 cup of coffee grounds (the caffeine in coffee is great for cellulite).
- 3 tbsp of white or brown sugar.
- 2-3 tbsp of melted but not too hot coconut oil.
And, keep mixing until you form a paste, then apply to troubled ares during a shower. Stand away from the water as you don’t want it wash straight off. It needs to be massaged in for a couple of minutes.
Another angle to hit cellulite at is through helping your overburdened detoxification system to do its job properly in the first place. Sometimes cellulite is a matter of your body not being able to eliminate toxins efficiently. This means they are often stored for safe keeping in your fat cells, where they can do no damage to the body.
Always keep your body in as high a state of detoxification as possible by eating lots of antioxidant rich foods, and green superfood powders.
Poor toxin elimination can also be a root cause of obesity, as junk foods such as sugar, trans fats, colours, artificial sugars and preservatives are all toxic to the body. And, when eaten in large quantities can eventually cause toxic overload. This in turn causes fat cells to swell larger and larger, and replicate to accommodate the onslaught, in turn leading to more cellulite.
8. GREEN SUPERFOOD POWDER
The most detoxifying foods on the planet are potent green powders, which are mainly derived of algaes and grasses such as chlorella, spirulina, moringa, wheatgrass and barley grass. This list is not exhaustive as there are any many more, but these are the more popular ones available.
These powerful superfood powders are concentrated in nutrients and chlorophyl, which literally help to drag toxins out of cells and dispel them from the body. You can only imagine how this could potentially affect cellulite! Not only that, but green superfood powders have SO many more benefits. Here’s just a few:-
- DETOXIFICATION – Green superfoods help to detoxify your system of toxins, especially the heavy metals which we breath in every day through air that is filled with exhaust fumes and heavy industry. And, if you live in the country you may be exposed to pesticides and fertilisers in the air too! All of these toxins are not natural to the body and are hard for it to eliminate fully, therefore they get stored in your fat cells for safe keeping. Thing is, studies show they can also eventually make their way into the brain, where they may eventually contribute to mental illness and cognitive decline.
- ANTI INFLAMMATORY – These green powders are HIGHLY alkaline, and an alkaline body will keep the chronic inflammation that can lead to disease to a minimum.
- BOOST IMMUNITY – The high levels of antioxidants and phytochemicals found in green superfoods will help keep your immune system strong. They will also help you to fight off infections, and even some diseases even when you are already affected.
- MORE ENERGY – You will feel a zing of energy within 20 minutes of taking a good quality superfood powder – I kid you not. Great for a boost in the morning, ready for the day ahead; or even that mid afternoon slump. I take this stuff at work around 3pm, and it gives me exactly what I need to power through the rest of the day – and do a workout afterwards too! Never take superfood powders at night (after 6pm), as they are stimulating and will keep you awake. It takes around 4-5 hours for the mildly stimulating effects to leave your system (which is faster than caffeine which takes around 8 hours).
- DEEPER SLEEP – I don’t know how or why this works, but now I take green superfood every day I just sleep better. I guess its a combination of all of the other benefits that promote better and higher quality rest.
- BEAUTIFUL GLOWING SKIN – The intense hit of antioxidants and nutrients of green super powders are highly anti aging, and will help to mop up free radical damage in the body. This means much clearer and more beautiful skin for YOU! This works quickly: sometimes after a big shot of superfood you can see your skin glowing and your eyes sparkling within the hour. That’s how quickly it gets into your cells.
- Check out these Amazon Reviews of the best green superfood powders available, plus which one to buy to suit your needs and budget.
If you’re serious about getting rid of your cellulite for good, then take on board all of these pointers and you’ll quickly see results. In fact, in doing all of the above you will be achieving so much MORE than just the reduction of cellulite.
Everything you do on this list will also boost your health in so many other ways that the cellulite issue will just be a secondary side effect of feeling so good.
Thanks for reading! If you have any other ideas for ridding cellulite then I would love to hear them. Please post below in the comments thread. Thank you.
And don’t forget to sign up to our awesome newsletter for plant based recipes, yip, and other great advice straight to your inbox 🙂