Recipe by: Dr. Vincent Esposito Ms, DC
This roasted cauliflower and turmeric soup has it all.
It’s a meal in itself due to the fact that we have added lots of protein-rich, red lentils to the vegetable base.
This soup has been spiced with cumin, garlic and turmeric – all healthy, antioxidant rich spices. You can add more turmeric to this dish if you wish to get more of this amazing spice into your diet for all it’s wonderful health benefits.
Serve this soup with your favourite, crusty bread and butter.
Roasted Cauliflower & Turmeric Soup
- 1 head cauliflower chopped
- 1-2 carrots chopped
- 1-2 stalks Celery chopped
- 1 cup Red Lentils
- 2-3 Shallots chopped
- 5-6 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 tsp Ground Turmeric
- 2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 2 cups Vegetable Stock OR Water
- 2 cups Plant Milk of choice
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 15oz. can Coconut Cream
- 1 Lemon juiced
- Vegetable Stock or Extra Virgin Olive Oil for sautéing
- Red Chili Flakes
- Plant Milk
- Lime Wedges
- Chopped Cilantro
- Chopped Parsley
- Coconut Cream
- Rinse and chop the produce accordingly. Line 1 baking tray and preheat your oven to 425˚F.
- Add the cauliflower and vegetables to the baking tray. Toss in the spices and olive oil. Roast the vegetables for 30 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Add the roasted vegetables to a large pot. To that pot, add the red lentils, vegetable stock, and coconut milk. Bring the soup to a boil, then cover and reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook for 20 minutes, until the lentils are tender.
- Turn off the heat, and blend the soup, using an immersion blender. Alternatively, you can blend the soup in batches in a high speed blender.
- Add the coconut cream and lemon juice to the soup. Stir to combine and season to taste.
- Serve the soup with your desired garnishes. Enjoy!
Thank you for visiting ZestForever today!