Recipe by: Dr. Vincent Esposito Ms, DC
Our super tasty, curried carrot, ginger and white bean soup is a sure-fire way to warm the cockles on a cold winters day!
The good thing about a soup is the way you can also add loads of healthy and RAW nutrition toppings too. We added cilantro, fresh pesto, nuts and seeds for an added protein hit, greens and healthy fats.
This delicious soup is from our amazing FAST & EASY Weekly Meal Plans bought to you by our very special Plant Based Nutritionist and Recipe Creator.
Curry Carrot, Ginger, & White Bean Soup
- 5-6 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 Yellow Onion chopped
- 3 tbsp. Ginger peeled and minced
- 15 oz. can Cannellini Beans rinsed and drained
- 1 bunch Scallions chopped, white and greens separated
- 1 Orange juiced
- 1 lb. Carrots chopped roughly
- 2 T Curry Powder
- 24 oz. Vegetable Stock or Water more may be needed
- Olive Oil or Vegetable Stock for sautéing
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
- Pesto Chopped Nuts, or Fresh Herbs (optional, for garnish)
- 1 dollop Coconut Milk or Coconut Cream for garnish
- Rinse and chop the produce accordingly.
- Heat a large pot or Dutch Oven over medium heat. Once hot, add onions. Sprinkle a pinch of salt, and stir to combine.
- Cook until onion has softened and fragrant, stirring occasionally, 4-5 minutes.
- Add ginger and garlic, and stir to combine, cook for 1 minute more, until fragrant. Then, add the curry powder, and cook until fragrant, 1-2 minutes.
- Add the stock, orange juice, beans, and carrots. Bring mixture to a boil. Once boiling, cover and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for 25 minutes, until carrots have softened.
- Allow soup to cool slightly. Then, using an immersion blender, blend until soup is smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Alternatively, you can blend your soup in batches using a standard blender.
- Plate soup, and garnish with desired toppings! Enjoy!