Recipe by: Dr. Vincent Esposito Ms, DC
Looking for a quick and easy, family friendly dinner?
Look no further than our super healthy, whole foods plant based quinoa and chickpea cakes with a delicious red pepper and cashew sauce.
This dish from our ZestForever Meal Plans is full of antioxidants, fiber, vitamins and minerals to help keep you bursting with vibrant health and energy.
It’s also wonderfully colourful, enticing and impressive to look at!
Quinoa-Chickpea Cakes with Roasted Red Pepper Cashew Sauce
For the Cakes
- 1 ⁄2 cup Cooked Quinoa
- 8 oz. Chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1 ⁄2 cup Oat Flour or Chickpea Flour
- 1 ⁄2 cup Zucchini shredded
- 1 ⁄2 cup Bell Pepper chopped
- 1 ⁄2 cup Celery chopped
- 1 ⁄2 cup Red Onion diced
- 2-4 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 T Vegan Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Lemon juiced
- 1-2 T Vegan Mayo OR Tahini
- 1 T Ground Flax + 3 T Water
- 1 t Mustard Powder
- 1 t Smoked Paprika
- Salt & Pepper to taste
For the Sauce
- 1 ⁄2 cup Cashews soaked overnight
- 1 ⁄2 t Dill
- 2 Lemons juiced
- 1 t Horseradish optional
- 1 t Dijon Mustard
- 1-3 cloves Garlic
- 1 ⁄4 cup Water
- 1 ⁄2 cup Plant Based Milk
- Chopped Scallions
- Arugula Salad
- Cabbage Slaw
- Set a pan to medium heat. Once hot, Sauté the onion, celery, garlic, and bell pepper for 4-5 minutes, until your onion is translucent.
- Add the chickpeas to a large mixing bowl. Using a potato masher, mash the chickpeas. Add all of the remaining ingredients, and toss to combine.
- Form the mixture info evenly sized cakes, about 1⁄2 inch thick. Add the cakes to your baking tray, and bake for 20-30 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve this with the cashew sauce and salad. Enjoy!