RECIPE BY: Dr. Vincent Esposito Ms, DC
Our chickpea, walnut and cranberry sandwich makes the perfect, filling and comfort food lunch full of great textures and flavours.
This delicious sandwich recipe is from our Plant Based Weekly Meal Plans. It also boasts 2 of your 5 a day, healthy fats, and antioxidants. A truly sustaining lunch!
Chickpea, Walnut & Cranberry Sandwich
- 1 28 oz. Chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 2-3 ribs Celery diced
- 2-3 Carrots diced
- 1 ⁄2 Red Onion diced
- 3 ⁄4 cup Parsley chopped
- 1 cup Walnuts chopped
- 3 ⁄4 cup Dried Cranberries
- 3 ⁄4 cup Vegan Mayonnaise recipe below
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Vegan Mayonnaise
- ⅓ rd cup cashew nuts (soaked in very warm water for 1 hour
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp tamari or soy sauce
- ½ medjool date pitted
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ½ cup water
- salt to taste
- Rinse and chop the produce accordingly.
- Make the Vegan Mayonnaise (see below)
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl, and toss to combine.
For the mayonnaise
- Blend all mayonnaise ingredients together to form a smooth paste.