Our Favorite Acai Bowl Smoothie Recipe
This antioxidant rich, easy smoothie bowl is the perfect start to your busy day.
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 large very ripe, frozen, sliced banana
- 100 ml (roughly) plant milk soy is good for added protein
- 1-2 tsp organic, raw Acai powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence optional
- 1-2 tsp maple syrup depending on the ripeness of your bananas and raspberries (sometimes that tiny drizzle makes all the difference to sweetness and brings out the flavour of your raspberries and Acai)
- Toppings of choice desiccated coconut, dark chocolate, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, cashew nuts, chia seeds roughly 1.5x heaped teaspoons of each. Or, use 4-6 toppings of your choice, but mix them up!
Add your smoothie ingredients of plant milk, raspberries, banana, Acai and vanilla essence to a high speed blender.
Blend for at least 10-15 seconds on full speed. You may need to add more milk to get a good blend going; or open and pull the ingredients stuck in the bottom up to the top with a spoon. The trick is to get a good blend going whilst using as little fluid as possible. You want a soft ice-cream texture; not a runny smoothie.
Flatten your mixture down into a flat, cereal dish and arrange your toppings over the top.
Eat immediately. This will not keep for long, and definitely won't freeze well!